Friday, June 05, 2009

Gas Price Gouging Returns

The price of gas has gone up here in Sebastopol and environs 2-3 cents per gallon everyday of this week. We are now averaging $2.87 per gallon, while at the beginning of the week it was $2.71.
There have been no major news events that justify the traders and speculators raising the price of oil, in fact as far as I can see, the price of oil is the same today as it was Monday.

And of course the corporate media has too many shiny objects to dwell on at the moment to concentrate on the "why" of the price increases, so profiteering continues unabated.

Glad I have a new bicycle, a Trek Navigator, to use and which allows me to thumb my nose at the gas stations as I pass them by.

Book recommendation: "Incendiary" by Chris Cleave. Mother who lost husband and son in a terrorist attack in London writes a letter to Osama bin Laden detailing the affect on her life.
It's very humorous, as unlikely as that sounds, and well told original story.

And just because I haven't posted one in a while, here's another of those exciting "goats on a roof" photo:



These goats are found in Door County, Wisconsin.

No comments: