Monday, March 01, 2010

My First Use of the P2 Card for Video Production

Just completed a two day shoot for AAA using the Panasonic HVX200 and instead of tape, we used the flash memory cards made by Panasonic, the P2. Then to begin the editing process in Final Cut Pro, I just downloaded from the camera to my Iomega Red 500 MB portable drive, brought it home and began editing. No more tape digitizing!!! I may never use tape again!

Here's a photo of the camera. A little dated now, it came out in 2005 but still a very useful HD camera (tho we shot in SD for this project):




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't technology wonderful? Just think, out parents used to have to call the operator to make a long distance call and now you can shoot video and send it immediately anywhere in the world. Way cool my friend. I can't imagine how difficult it was to edit video tape, let alone real film...

Anonymous said...

Nice post and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you on your information.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.