Monday, November 23, 2009

Favorite Time of the Year.

Yep, I like this time of year and not just for all the food and pies!! I also use this time to listen to old KFAT radio shows that I recorded back in the fall and winter of 1981 when the station was about to go off the air, due to being sold. KFAT was located in Gilroy, the Garlic Capitol of the world. I have nearly 120 hours of "outlaw country" and eclectic music that only KFAT's djs could produce. I'm currently converting them to CDs on mu MacBook since it's getting harder to find working cassette decks and the tapes are failing. I have Christmas Eve shows and the very last show of all.
Anyone interested in copies can contact me and we can work something out. KPIG in San Francisco is the latest incarnation of that format. Even has a few old KFAT djs working there.
I even have an unused bumper sticker. Wonder what that would be worth on eBay?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gotta hand it to you Marv. You do come up with some interesting stuff !! Barry, class of '60